I’m going through my notifications (which I’m able to do a lot less often than before, because of the busy college schedule and the crappy wifi connection), I see ‘Surprised by a Blogger Recognition Award’ in the scroll window and I’m like, “Is this for real?” I’m relatively new to the blogging world and up until now I didn’t even know how these blogging awards and nominations worked, so this was something huge for me! And slowly as I opened the link and read my way through I realized ‘I just received my first blogging award nomination! Yippeee!’ 😀
Thank you so much The Wishing Well for this!
Now there are certain rules I’m supposed to follow as part of the nomination chain, so here we go:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
Just 15? That’s tough knowing so many wonderful blogs that I’ve come across in the short time that I’ve been here. But we gotta do what we gotta do. So, here is my list:
- My Own Private Idaho
- Around Zuzu’s Barn
- Ellis Goes On Holiday
- The Adventures of A Samurai, A Seanachai and 4 Fairy Ninja
- Brad Young Art
- Shafali’s Caricatures, Portraits and Cartoons
- Introverted Fangirl
- A Moment Like This
- Only Connect
- You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
Who’d think of nominating themselves anyway?
- Write a post to show off your award
Just what I wanted, after all this is my first one! 🙂
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
I have like an entire post dedicated to this right here. But for the sake of it, I’d been wanting to start a blog for a long time but never actually put in the effort. I was on vacation when one Friday I suddenly thought, “What the hell? Let’s do this!” And by Monday I’d gotten on WP and published my first post!
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers
I don’t think I’m in any position to offer any advice, being a new comer myself, but I’ll still make an attempt. First of all, keep on experimenting with your blog- no matter how much you love your current theme or tagline or ‘About’ page- a change is always good, even if it is temporary. Also, continuity is very important (in which I of course fail) or else you lose valuable readership.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
As mentioned earlier, I’m really grateful to ‘The Wishing Well‘ for this nomination. It’s a really nice blog, do check it out.
- Attach the award to the post
Look up! 😛
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them
I’m about to do that now…
- Provide a link to the award post you created
i.e., in the comment you just made on the nominee’s blog.
P.S. There is no obligation to respond to the nomination and even if you do decide to kindly accept it, you may or may not follow up in the chain, totally as per your wish 🙂