To begin from the beginning, for a while now I’d been wanting to start writing a blog, but somehow it always got postponed as I found myself caught up in other commitments, or so it seemed.
Penning down my thoughts had always been my favorite way to relax- the easiest one to just let it all out– and we always find time to indulge in something we love doing. Why then I couldn’t get myself to sit and start something as simple as blogging (though I later found out, it’s not all that simple!). It wasn’t the time issue or anything else, but my own fears-
‘What if people don’t like it?’ ‘What if I’m not able to make it as interesting as it should be?’ or worse, ‘What if nobody reads it at all?’
– questions that still bug me, but which I’m able to overcome finally. In fact, it wasn’t until my best friend, Nathel, sent me this awesome quote, which I’m sharing below that I finally decided that enough is enough. I mean, it’s not like I’m disclosing about my secret affair with Jensen Ackles (Well that’s for another day!), and so it all began.
Then came the next important question- what should I write about? Now, that’s a difficult one. So, I sent a text to a handful of my close friends who I considered, knew me well, as well as had an idea as to what blogging is all about. I asked ’em all the same question, ‘If I start blogging, what should it be about?’ and what a rich variety of replies I got! Here are some:
- Facts and myths about Science (trust me, If I write about Science, it won’t even fit to be considered as a myth!)
- Relationship advices (I’ll end up causing more breakups than ever!)
- Travel (something which I considered, but I don’t get a chance to travel regularly)
- Movies (given that I’m a movie buff, I’m not that good of a critic to start writing about ’em)
So you see, none of these options appealed to me as much as this next one I’m about to mention: Write about anything and everything you wish to! As simple as it sounds, it does have a deeper sense. As one of my friends advised,
“Blog writing should be more free flowing.”
and I thought it actually sounds right! Why should I restrict myself to a particular field or topic when I have the option to cover them all? From a post I saw on facebook, to something I witnessed in the market, to some song I liked- anything and everything.
This is where the name ‘STOCHASTIC’ comes from. The word is of Greek origin and means “pertaining to chance”. It is used to indicate that a particular subject is seen from the point of view of randomness. Stochastic is often used as a counterpart of the word “deterministic”.
So, I chose ‘STOCHASTIC’ to justify the complete random nature of my thoughts and hence, my (future) blog posts. This wraps it up then. I’m really looking forward to writing a lot and I hope y’all will like it!